Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful list

Ever since our first Thanksgiving, post wedding, we have tried to make a list in November of the things we are thankful for. Sometimes we do it as the month progresses, sometimes we do it Thanksgiving day. Either way it forces us to think about things in our lives that sometimes go unnoticed in the hustle and bustle, i.e. we take them for granted often.
This year someone started something very similar on Facebook, so I decided I'd use that option this year. For posterity's sake though, I'm going to post them to the blog as well.

To catch up, here's Nov 1, 2, and 3... 
Nov 1st: Thankful for the husband sleeping next to me, who preheated my side of the bed while I studied late. [Nov 29th (test day) will get here too soon]   posted at 9:32pm

Nov 2nd: Thankful for a job where I'm valued for my strengths and not belittled for my shortcomings. Thank you, Lord.

Nov 3rd: Thankful that no matter what others do we can make a choice to let it rule us, or we can make a choice to change our circumstances!

Post for today will come later. I'm trying to wait until evening, so I can reflect if needed... and after yesterday reflection is a good thing. It puts life in perspective and us in our place... smack dab in the middle of the hands of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment