Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Judith and Basemath, wives of Esau

The Bible says that the wives of Esau were a source of grief for Isaac and Rebekah (Genesis 26:35).  Think about that.  Moses introduces them as Esau takes them to wife and the very next verse says they were a source of grief for their in-laws. That's it... moving right along with the story.

Is that how you would like to be remembered in the history books?  As a source of grief.

Makes you stop and think doesn't it!  Are you a source of grief or a blessing to those around you?  Am I a source of grief or a blessing to my family?  Do I uplift them or bring them down? 

I'm not talking about the days here and there that are unhappy, I'm talking about a pattern, a habit.  Think about your interactions with your in-laws, and others.  Pray that God open your eyes to the truth of your actions and correct them where needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment