Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A hiccup in life...

Ever feel like you almost have life figured out? Then it seems like God says, "Let's knit your faith just a little stronger. What else can you learn?"

Last week, I felt somewhat like that. The next few months were planned out, the next four to be exact, and then I get the results of my first CPA exam section. I was prepared to possibly not have passed the very first time I took any of the sections, but I didn't go so far as to not plan out life as if I would pass.

My study sessions had been rescheduled so that I could enjoy Christmas and not be overloaded during January (while we file many, many annual payroll reports). I would take my next section in November and then not test again until April/May of next year. Well, that was the theory... until I found out I'd also be studying to retake my first section in January. Even crazier is that I considered retaking it in November. That only lasted for a few days and then good sense took over.

Some days this exam, studying for it at least, gets the better of me. I have a hard time seeing the big picture when I'd really rather just keep a wonderfully clean house, have supper and breakfast on the table, and pop out lots of little people. Apparently, that is not in the plan for the present. (I sure hope it's in the big picture though.)

I get so focused on what I can't seem to do correctly at the moment, that I forget that life is a journey of years and years, if the Lord grants them. But, you know what? Worrying that I have so much to do and time is slipping away will not change the fact that my days are numbered by a God who loves me. Worrying will actually make things worse, because it causes me not to put my whole trust in that God.

So, what do I do? Last week, this is what I did...

First things first, call and cash in on the 'pass or retake the study course' guarantee. Did I meet the requirements? Thank the Lord, yes! Pay shipping and handling and books are in the mail by Friday.
Second, accept that this test can not rule me. Enjoy my life as it comes to me... such as lazy picnic at the lake Saturday with husband and the two gigantic 'pups'.
Third, get into a routine that allows me to accomplish the things I feel I need to and still study. Up at 4am... oh, wait that's my mother... 5am. :) Stretches for lower back/SI joint maintenance, breakfast for Husband (nothing elaborate yet, we'll work our way there), devotional, study time, shower, and off to work.
Fourth, and in no way least, let God be God. His plans are perfect! They often don't coincide with ours, and that's OKAY. He loves us more than we can ever think or even fathom.

Someone who loves me that much is planning out my life with key points that I don't even have access to... I think that's a plan I can trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment