Friday, August 30, 2013

Crawler Prep

So, LO (little one) turned six months last Friday. This week she finally gets the hang of rolling from back to tummy. Thus, we have a roller... soon to be a crawler.

Giving birth not long after finishing W-2/1099 season at work gave little time to do the deep cleaning I would have liked to do before our precious bundle arrived. Since her arrival, cleaning has been a thing of luxury, unless the MIL or my Mother were in the house... which hasn't been too often. (They live 2 1/2 and 10 hours away.) Both were a Godsend after LO's birth, but the deep cleaning still didn't get done. 

To be honest, I wouldn't ask that of anyone, other than a professional cleaning service. Growing up we observed spring cleaning every year. Since getting married... well, let's just say the house isn't literally filthy, but it isn't spic'n'span. Somehow I could clean Mother's house in a day, two tops. Keeping this one clean seems to be more of a struggle. Clean clothes, clean dishes, clean sheets, clean toilets, clean shower.... those I can manage to keep up with. Cleaning baseboards? I haven't seen them up close in a while.

Well, tonight started phase one of CRAWLER PREP. "Hello, kitchen baseboards, we shall see a lot of each other in the months to come. Goodbye, spiders!"

The floor has been mopped and the baseboards wiped down. I only went thru five rags, so that's good... since the sixth was no where to be found. :-) Guess I'll be doing a wash load of cleaning rags this weekend.

Next, it's on to the cabinets or appliances. Not sure which one. This ADD Momma knows she'll have to completely clean the cabinets once she starts, which is no small task. However, I seem to remember us busting a bottle of wine in the freezer before LO was born, so I hate to see what's under the fridge when we pull it out. Eek

I think I should have bought a bigger bottle of Pine-Sol...

No comments:

Post a Comment