Friday, May 2, 2014

My choice

Ever know that what you need isn't necessarily God's help to deal with something, but the self discipline to let the issue go?

I struggle with this often. 

I want to hold onto the feeling of being slighted, or the hurt of disappointment, for some bizarre reason. It's like I feed on the process and formulation of a retaliation or rebuttal. I'm stacking up comments for the opportunity to bring the topic back up and get a different result.

How miserable we are as humans!

God will help me let the issue go and move past it, but it takes me making the CHOICE to do so before the process can begin. He's not going to beat me over the head to forgive or accept another's decision.

How tense the body is when we hold onto disagreement. Unfortunately, some of us are hard headed enough that we get to the point if unconsciously clenching our teeth before we realize what we're doing to ourselves.

Well, THIS WILL NOT RUIN MY WEEKEND. I can be a big girl and pray... Maybe for a different answer. ;-)
Either I will get it, or God will remold my desires.

In Christ,
Southern Sinner

No comments:

Post a Comment